Dividing Fences

The Magistrates Court deals with applications by the owners of adjoining lands for the construction and repair of a dividing fence.

Form 53 is used to make an application to the court in these circumstances in default of an agreement, or where an owner of adjoining land cannot be found.

See Fees for information about the costs of court proceedings in dividing fence disputes.

More information about dividing fence legislation and regulations may be found at the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.

Last updated: 25-Jul-2023

[ back to top ]