Magistrates Court of Western Australia

Inactive Cases FAQs

The other party refuses to sign the Form 49 - Memorandum of Consent application, seeking that the Court make a final order disposing of the case. What can I do?

If you commenced the claim against the other party, you may wish to consider lodging a Form 57 - Notice of Discontinuance of Claim. If you had proceedings commenced against you, please seek legal advice as to the options available to you.

How can I lodge the Form 57 - Notice of Discontinuance / Form 23 - Application / Form 49 - Memorandum of Consent Order with the Court?

If you are a registered user of the eCourt Portal, you can lodge your application online. If you are not yet registered, you will first need to register and can then lodge your application online.

Should you not be able to lodge online, you may wish to contact the court for assistance.

Last updated: 27-Feb-2023

[ back to top ]